Thanks a lot SuperTramp83 and Mangy Dog. I've got your points. I didn't wanted to touch a sensible cord here. I think it was understood from my initial post that I'm asking for advice and points of reference so I can increase my knowledge on the subject.

I used this forum for pointers because I personally think you cannot get better answers in any other place. I just wanted to see, from people with way more experience on what does it mean to be free, how is the sensation. How heavy is the burden ? What things I need to understand in order to be 100% free ?

One of the things I've discovered as a freedom trainee was that it is not very easy to be free and I think this is also one of the main frustration of the community. If more people would be interested on this subject, then the dream to be 100% free and don't suffer from any restrictions, because you've chosen freedom, would be so much closer to becoming reality.

I am switching back to Trisquel 7 and will follow the advice to install .deb packages.

Thanks again for all of your help.