I imagine the the purpose of my Linux-libre APT repo two be two-fold.

One is that a classic reason to get a newer kernel is support for newer hardware. Imagine something like "my new WiFi or graphics card (or whatever) won't work without a newer kernel." Or sometimes a new kernel will provide some new feature or functionality that someone wants.

The other is for someone that's using a distro without a free kernel and so they can replace that kernel with a free one.

If someone is in one of these two situations then by all means they should go use it.

But installing it just to be installing it? Not really. If there's no actual need of it (because a: they already have a free kernel and b: there's no particular hardware support or new functionality that they need), then why bother? The distro's own kernel should be meeting their needs in that case.