When you do the EXPORT you should be able to launch software installed with Guix by just typing "program" you installed hello so just type

$ hello

It should run.
If you puth the export in your PATH you should be able to do this and probably see the icons of the programs on the menu of your Desktop Environment (I am not sure about this is I don't use menus only I3wm with dmenu)

The path should be ~/.bash_profile but I don't remember exactly to be honest.

Maybe someone can help us or you can ask for a little wore help on #guix on IRC they are friendly and helpful.

If you use IRC make sure to join #lgn :) I am there most of the time. Is a great channel