Most of that video is about having Windows' bootloader (rather than GRUB) start by default and propose an entry to start GRUB, which allows to boot GNU/Linux... and Windows. I see little point in doing that: just install the boot loader (GRUB) in the MBR (the default). It will start right after the computer is switched on and display a menu (shown in the video at 12:25) listing all the systems that are installed in your computer. Contrary to Windows' boot loader, its automatic configuration should be OK. In particular it auto-detects all installed systems.

Between 2:45 and 4:35 (the only relevant part), the video shows the use of the partitioning tool integrated to the installer. In the video, one single partition is used: the mandatory one, where to mount /. As I explained you, I additionally recommend a separate partition where to mount /home (as large as you can afford) and a swap partition (you apparently want 16 GB, which is fine).

In the video, the user pre-created the partitions in Windows and formatted them in NTFS. It is only a lost of time: he had better pre-created them in GParted and directly formatted them the way he wants for his GNU/Linux installation (Ext4 for / is fine; I recommend XFS for /home). In this way, he would not have to "format the partition" during the installation process. But you do not even have to to pre-create the partitions in GParted (or any other tool): in the partitioning tool integrated in the installer, the "-" button deletes a partition and the "+" button creates a partition (of any size) in the freed space. Partitions can be resized too. Of course, you should double-check that you are not deleting the wrong partition.

Again, the rest of the video is useless: let the default choice of "Device for boot loader installation" and you can reboot as soon as the installation ends.