>I haven't seen a movie or tv show in years and I don't miss them.

You don't miss much as most of them is pure crap.

OP: you mentioned Popcorn Time. I used to love it but then I realized it is as a boated option for streaming torrents as Mozilla Bloatafox is for browsing the web.

I love what PopcornTime is based on, its core, that is 'peerflix', it's awesome and it works great. combine it with pirate-get and you got yourself a powerful, complete, lightweight and awesome torrent experience, and all from your terminal :)

https://github.com/mafintosh/peerflix
https://github.com/vikstrous/pirate-get