On 01/28, great...@riseup.net wrote:
> I see, masonmate, yeah, as I said in order to preserve my mental
> health I skimmed through the thing, damn thread is yuge. Did you
> test this last one thing I was talking about?

Yes, it's quite the saga. Forunately it seems to be winding down as the
important discussion moves to the Mozilla bug reports.

Are you referring to the "How to stop Firefox from making automatic
connections" page? If so, yes, I tried it with FF58 and ESR and found as heyjoe
did that the documentation is inaccurate (refers to about:config values that do
not exist in FF52 or FF58) and incomplete (there are still some automatic
connections after completing the rest of the steps).