I just posted this on the replicant forum, but thought their might be people here who can help:

I swapped the motherboard of a worn out i9100 into the chassis of a neat i9105p (S2 plus). Physically it seems to match perfectly, but I ran into two issues (perhaps related):

1) I cannot enter the bootloader by pressing Volume down, Select and Power (I also tried to run 'adb reboot bootloader which just give a normal reboot)

2) The touch buttons on the lower front panel don't seem to work

Any suggestions to the underlying problem(s) and possible solution(s)?