> Could you give an example of what you would consider strategical security?

I have not yet formally defined the difference between tactical and strategical security. I use them interchangeably with "minor" and "major". The transition is rather analogue, with a somewhat arbitrary line between them. Your question forced me to think over it again.

I don't want to give a quick definition, as it needs some careful brooding over, but I am inclined to say e.g. if a commercial or intelligence entity is attacking your privacy by routine procedures, they can be considered "tactical" attack (hence tactical security measures needed). If they single out your correspondences and go out of their normal way by giving special treatment to crack it, then I would say it is a strategical attack. E.g. communications between two agents of a neutral country would be of tactical importance. That of a country you are in war with would be strategical importance.

For example, I would consider PGP encryption (with due diligence) as an intelligence grade *tactical* security measure. But for intelligence grade *strategical* security, I would again encrypt it, but treat it as if it still is in plain text, and take additional precautions accordingly.

Though a better, more deterministic definition should be made, I think. Including examples of attack vectors / defenses for each level.