>For example, I would consider PGP encryption (with due >diligence) as an intelligence grade *tactical* security >measure. But for intelligence grade *strategical* security, >I would again encrypt it, but treat it as if it still is in >plain text, and take additional precautions accordingly.

How does encrypting something twice transform it from tactical to strategic? It sounds like both of these are tactics/methods.

Strategic security would be taking into account different components and coming up with a set of cohesive tactics to achieve security under a specific threat model, including MITM attacks and physical attacks (which would make double or multiple encryption useless).

Frankly, I'm skeptical that anyone would benefit from this kind of conversation, or that anyone here could (or should) provide useful advise beyond what you qualify as "Commercial grade tactical security." Mandatory cartoon: https://www.xkcd.com/538/

If you truly want privacy in your communications and you are not a computer security expert, better go for a walk in the park/woods with your coconspirator(s). You'll get the added benefit of fresh air.