> Let's not forget that they attack every possible layer, not just what is easy.

By now, I think I should have already given my general approach to usability - security - privacy equation.

The thing is, I am not specifically targeting any one of them in depth. I am *compromising* for the best balance between them, and using light (easy to implement) but radical means.

The fact tthat I use Midori with all active content disabled serves me in several fronts:

(1) It automatically filters out the crop (internet junk) from the cream (valuable information). My attention span is better used on worthwhile information.

(2) It automatically filters out non-free content and malware.

(3) It increases snappiness of internet use, at the same time decreasing bandwidth waste.

Whenever I run into a situation where I *have to* use active content, then Qupzilla is waiting there, with all the bells and whistles enabled.

You may say, what use is protecting oneself 99% of the time, if one is exposing himself 1% of the time? For one, Midori in passive use does *not* protecting me fully (but I make a compromise there). Second, I am shrinking my exposure as much as possible, in line with my approach to security. This is not an all or none game, rather it is a multi faceted compromise.