Since my last post, I managed to get a bootable system by extracting the .iso archive onto a formatted flash drive, having one FAT partition, taking up the whole disk. Once I booted this version, I tried running the screen reader, and got it started, only to have it turn off within 5 seconds, or so. I tried using the toggle shortcut, 'alt+super+s' and by using the 'run' dialogue and typing "orca", then hitting 'enter'. I tried several reboots, waiting different amounts of time before starting orca, perhaps the desktop wasn't ready? Still no joy. Is anyone else using orca on this edition?