Yeah, the people jumping at the chance to throw RMS under the bus is worrying me. I dislike his stances on many things, and think that he is very anti-freedom on a lot of issues. But as for software, I look at him as kinda like a founding father. I'm worried that with statements like "RMS doesn't represent the free software movement", there are forces that will use it to move Free Software more in line with the Open Source ideals.

We know that Microsoft and others are trying to usurp the Openthisandthat as we speak... (Linux Foundation, Github, etc.)