I just tried to follow the manual instructions using 64-bit Trisquel 8.0. Everything seemed to be working until I got to:

> sudo sh -c "echo 'deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/jami-archive-keyring.gpg] https://dl.jami.net/nightly/ubuntu_16.04/ ring main' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jami.list"

It didn't seem to do anything and I was left sitting on a ">" prompt. I checked my sources list and nothing seems to have been added. There may be something I don't understand here, but "sh" doesn't seem to be a program on my system, and I can't find anything called that in the Trisquel repos. Is there something missing in this command?

If this is a user error on my part, please help! If you can see something that needs to be fixed, please share that info here:
https://git.jami.net/savoirfairelinux/jami-packaging/issues/39

BTW that command was cut'n'pasted verbatim from :
https://jami.net/download-jami-linux/#manual-install