David Miller wrote:

> Blainer wrote:
> > The BoM tells us that after the Bible had gone
> > through the hands of the great and abominable
> > church, it had been significantly altered.
>
> Then why were you and Dave denying that the Book of Mormon said this?

DAVEH:  Excuse me for butting in.......but I have numerous times said that I believe
there is much that has been left out of the Bible.  And......I've said that there have
been various adaptations of what is considered to be canonical books of the
"Bible".  Adding or leaving out various books certainly would suggest a significant
alteration of what we consider the Bible today.  And, I think it is entirely possible
that other material may have been left out (or changed) of some of the books of the
Bible.

    What I denied is your (and Glenn's) assertion that the BofM says the Bible gives
Satan power.  That isn't what it says, but rather that it is what is left out of the
Bible that gives Satan the power to influence men.  To me, that is a significant
difference.

> We
> went round and round saying that the Book of Mormon claimed that the Bible
> had been altered, and that this altered Bible has been responsible

DAVEH:  Again.....no.....I disagree.  It isn't the Bible being "responsible"......it
is those who may have deleted or changed the Bible who would be responsible.  I can't
see why you do not understand where the responsibility lies.  Why blame the Lord for
something men did???

--
Dave Hansen