Glenn wrote:
> Job was blameless and upright, but did
> not have sinless perfection.

Glenn, I like you, and surely do not want to offend you, but this statement
is blasphemy.

To blatantly contradict the Bible for no other reason than because it does
not go along with your theology is blasphemy.  As we read the book of Job,
we see from the outset that Job was perfect, upright, someone who feared God
and turned away from evil (Job 1:1).  Then as we read further, we observe
that God brags about Job's righteousness and blamelessness.  Even Satan had
not a single sin to accuse Job of before God.  The only recourse that Satan
had was to accuse Job of being righteous only because God had protected him.
Satan bet God that he could get Job to sin, if God would only allow Satan to
hurt Job.  Clearly, if Job had sinned prior to this, Satan, the accuser that
he is, would have just brought up that sin in accusation against Job.  The
truth was that there was NO SIN that could be laid to Job's charge.  So, God
gave Satan permission to attack, to test just how righteous Job really was.
In Job 1:21, it plainly says that Job did not sin, even in the midst of this
attack of Satan.  Job was taken back by the attack.  He was confused as to
why he would suffer these things.  Some friends came and tried to console
Job.  At first, they were quiet, but soon they began to talk.  What was the
sum of their speech?  They believed that all men sinned, even Job.  They
were convinced that Job surely sinned somewhere, perhaps some sin of
ommission somewhere, so if Job would just confess himself as a sinner, then
all would be better.  They considered Job self-righteous, because he
maintained his innocence and continued to profess that he had not sinned.
The testimony of the Bible here is that Job's friends were WRONG!  Job had
not sinned.  If Job had complied with their constant urging to confess that
he had sinned somewhere, even if he was unaware of it, THEN JOB WOULD HAVE
SINNED by making such a confession.  Why?  Because that would be a false
confession, and a foolish one.  It would be a mockery of truth to confess
that you have sinned when you have not sinned.  The Bible testifies again
and again, that Job kept his integrity, and continued his confession, that
he had no sin.  The Bible also testifies for Job, by the VOICE OF THE
SPIRIT, that in all of this, Job did not sin (e.g., Job 2:10).

So for you to lay sin to Job's charge puts you in the position of agreeing
with Job's friends who God became angry at, and it places you in a position
to contradict and blaspheme against the testimony of Scripture concerning
Job.  Was Job ultimately perfect in the sense that he had arrived and could
be no better than he was?  No.  But was Job perfect in the sense that he did
not sin?  Yes, he was.  That is what the Bible says.