Michael D. wrote:
> David, this is quite a direct attack on a brother's motives
> you make here. Are you sure that this is how you want
> to represent your assessment? Are you over the ad
> hominem line here?

I admit it appears dangerously close to an ad hominem argument, but
considering all the other Scriptures and logical points I have made
associated with it, I do not consider it over the line.  Glenn made the
statment, "YOU <emphasis by Glenn> are the reason I don't believe..."  That
is a pretty personal statement.  I responded, not with attack on his
character, but on what I believe are the real underlying motivations for his
embracing the 'Christians-will-continue-to-sin' doctrine.  For Glenn to
suggest that I am the reason he does not believe is ludicrous, because that
means if he had never met me, then he would believe in Christian perfection.
Surely it is quite clear that Glenn is not being honest with himself or with
us.  So what is the reason that Glenn does not believe?  I think it is
because it makes him feel comfortable.  People like comfort and teachings
that tickle their ears and give them comfort.

Glenn - I said, that you are the reason I have rejected the perfection doctrine.  It is up to you to reject or accept what I said.  I call it like I see it.

Again, the above is proof to me you are not perfect.  First of all, I am not offended.  Second, it is sin to judge my motives.  You are doing this which means you are not perfect.  You can judge sin, but you cannot look into my heart and judge my motives.

Unfortunately, it is a sad fact that most men love sin, so they resist the
good news of the gospel that they can become a son of God and never sin
again.  Most prefer a message that they can become a son of God and still
sin a little bit, from time to time, as long as they don't make it a habit.
That's what I call comfortable religion, because such men will never
experience the kind of passion Jesus experienced at the mount of Olives when
he sweat drops of blood in resisting the temptation that had come upon him.

Glenn - Again, I call it as I see it.  You can receive or reject my calls.  It up to you.  I see you are blinded here because you imply that anyone who doesn't believe in the perfection doctrine is soft on sin.  THE DOTS DO NOT CONNECT HERE.  YOU HAVE CUT THE CAKE TOO THIN.  This is not true.

PS. For Michael, don't worry about me, I have a tough skin.  :-)  I might be "arguing" with David, but it is between 2 Christians brothers, at least from my view.  In fact, when he comes out like he does, it just shows his imperfection.  :-)