Blainer)  If "Trinity" means the same as  "Godhead," and does not refer
to some special definition from some council of the past, then the answer
is that Mormons definitely believe Jesus is God's Son and is the second
person in the Trinity (Godhead).  However, I have to add that Jesus and
his Father are separate individuals,  both having glorified bodies of
flesh and bone.
When Joseph Smith saw the first vision, he said the first individual to
appear introduced the second individual as "my beloved Son, in whom I am
well pleased."  I believe the first was God the Father, and the second
was God the Son, and that both appeared as corporal beings.  I don't
believe all Christians believe what I believe to be true, however.  I
think most believe God is a SPIRIT ONLY.  I BELIEVE GOD IS A SPIRIT
TABERNACLED IN A CORPORAL BODY.  THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE I THINK YOU WERE
DRIVING AT, IS IT NOT, GLENN?

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:20:48 EDT [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Glenn - Christians believe Jesus is God's son, second person of the
> Trinity.
> Mormons do not belive that, correct?  I don't expect to get a simply
> yes or
> no without qualifications.  I'm slow but I have figured this out.
>
> Concerning Biblical words in the Bible...there are no English words
> in the
> Bible.  Godhead and Trinity are the same to me.
>  King James Version (Authorized)
>  Verses 1 - 3 of 3  Click Verse Reference for Study Notes
>

>      Dictionaries - 1
>  Easton's Bible Dictionary
>  ·  <A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/dic/ebd/view.cgi?number=T1514";>Godhea
d</A>

>      Encyclopedias - 1
>  International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
>  ·  <FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" BACK="#fff<A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/enc/isb/view.cgi?number=T3857";>Godhea
d</A>

>      Lexicons - 3
>  Greek
>  ·  <A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=2305";>qeio/th
v</A>
> - Godhead
>  ·  <A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=2304";>qeiÛov<
/A>
> - Godhead
>  ·  <A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=2320";>qeo/thv
</A>
> - Godhead
>
> <A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/desk/?query=ac+17:29&translation=kjv&;
st=1&new=1&sr=1&l=en">Ac
> 17:29</A> - [<A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/desk/?query=ac+17:29&t=kjv&st=1&new=1
&sr=1&sc=1&l=en">In
> Context</A>|<A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/desk/?query=ac+17&t=kjv&st=1&new=1&l=
en">Read
> Chapter</A>|<A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/isb/bible.cgi?query=ac+17:29&translat
ion=kjv&ot=bhs&nt=na&sr=1&l=en">Original
> Greek</A>]Forasmuch then as we are
> the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like
> unto
> gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
> &new=1&sr=1&l=en">Ro 1:20</A> - [<A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/desk/?query=ro+1:20&t=kjv&st=1&new=1&;
sr=1&sc=1&l=en">In

> Context</A>|<A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/desk/?query=ro+1&t=kjv&st=1&new=1&l=e
n">Read

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/isb/bible.cgi?query=ro+1:20&translati
on=kjv&ot=bhs&nt=na&sr=1&l=en">Original
> Greek</A>]For the invisible things of him from the
> creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the
> things that
> are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
> without
> excuse: <A

HREF="http://www.searchgodsword.org/desk/?query=col+2:9&translation=kjv&s
t=1&new=1&sr=1&l=en">Col