So, Marlin, do you think that ALL unbelievers are anti-christs? Or just
some particular group(s)?

Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:TruthTalk-owner@;mail.innglory.org] On Behalf Of Marlin Halverson
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 8:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Hey Marlin!

Dear Izzy,

In answer to your questions, I believe this:  1JO 2:18    Little
children,
it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come,
even
now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last
time.

The verses setting the context for the above reference are sobering.
The
other references show that there is no singular being called "the
antichrist."  What is antichrist is characterized as a type of spirit.
This
spirit becomes manifested by those who go out from among those who are
pro-Christ!  (1JO 2:19)  We find that "the" antichrist is from among us
in
the form of a type of spirit.

This hits home.

Other identifiers may be found below:

1JO 2:22    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
He
is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1JO 4:3     And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is
come
in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist,
whereof
ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the
world.
2JO 1:7     For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess
not
that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an
antichrist.

Love,

Marlin