I would like to address several of the comments made about house church
and institutional church.  I think my perspective falls somewhere
between the extremes expressed.

I perceive that God works in both.  I also perceive that Satan works in
both.  Man also works in both.  :-)  So you won't find me saying that
home church is the ONLY way to fellowship with saints.  Nevertheless,
there are many things wrong with the institutional system but they only
cause real problems when people mature to the point that they become
ministers, teachers, and preachers of Christ themselves.  The less
spiritually mature can function in many institutional church settings
without any problems at all.  In fact, for the immature believer, an
institutional church might even be better than a home church.  Yet, even
so, some very mature believers can function in the institutional
churches just fine, depending upon their calling in Christ and the
particular institutional churches ability to receive this person's gift
in Christ.  I find that modern apostles and prophets can rarely if ever
exist in any institutional church these days.  The power struggles that
exist between them and the "clergy" ultimately cause them to be cast out
of the institutional churches.  That's why many who attend institutional
churches do not know apostles and prophets like the early church did.

Well, I could go on to write a book about this (lol), but this is not
the place.  Let me simply address Izzy's comment about needing the
covering of her church to have believers fellowship in her home.

If you feel that you must have someone supervise you and hold your hand
to open your home for Christian fellowship and Bible study, then
certainly you should do that.  But consider also that one day you should
be mature enough to do that under the headship of Christ.  Is he not
your Lord and master?  If he leads you personally in the path of eternal
life, is he not able to lead you in this too?  As children eventually
must cut the strings with their parents and live life on their own, so
we ought to mature in a way that causes us to reproduce and do that
which our spiritual mentors have done.  Some people are like 40 year old
men still living with their parents.  Here you are a grandmother and
published author, yet you are unable to open your home to believers and
trust the Lord to provide the leadership?  If you haven't left the nest
yet, when is it going to happen?

Now if you do opt for a human covering instead of a divine covering,
know this, that eventually, you will find that covering restrictive and
a hindrance to the leadership of the Holy Spirit.  Just as a teenager
matures and finds his parent's rules restrictive and difficult, you will
experience similar frustrations, and when it comes time to leave the
nest so-to-speak, they will lay a guilt trip on you that you are
breaking fellowship with the church, leaving your covering, etc.
Therefore, seek the Lord now about it and ask his wisdom about this need
you have for an institutional covering.  I think you would do better to
step out in faith, asking the Lord to send the leadership, calling those
whom God puts on your heart to supply that leadership, and let the Lord
Jesus Christ Himself be the head of the assembly that meets in your
home.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.