Brother Bruce, you write:
Dear sister, this thread is NOT about "evading taxes" or "diddling on
ones
taxes".  It is all about obeying the Lord Jesus' commands to pay the
taxes
for which one is liable, taxes which are demanded.

jt: In the USA this is what is called 'Income Tax'  which law Congress
initially
enacted in 1862 to support the Civil War effort; this was a forerunner of
our modern income tax.

bw:  It is also about refusing to voluntarily contribute to programs
which one
does not desire to bear the moral responsibility for. No one bears moral
responsibility for the wicked use of tax revenue which is demanded of
them.
But when one voluntarily contributes to programs which one knows are
wicked,
one cannot escape the moral accountability before God for the wicked use
of
funds which one volunteers to contribute to such wickedness.

jt: There is nothing 'voluntary' about income tax. It is withheld at the
source
and without a Social Security # it is all but impossible to get hired in
this
country that is, unless you can find someone doing things 'under the
table';
people here get in trouble for having yard sales without a permit.

bw: I pay every tax for which I am liable and which is demanded of me.
But I
refuse to contribute to Income tax  because it is a voluntary tax for
which
I am not liable. There is not a single statement in our Canadian Income
Tax
Act nor in your U.S. tax laws which makes any person liable to pay income

tax!

jt: I don't know about Canada but in the US the Act of 1862 also
established
the office of Commissioner of Internal Revenue and the Commissioner was
given
the power to assess, levy, and collect taxes, and the right to enforce
the tax laws
through seizure of property and income and through prosecution. His
powers
and authority remain very much the same today; where are you getting your
information from Bruce?

bw: Many programs and services have been designed specificly to entice
people
into paying (social security, Income Tax refunds, employment insurance,
welfare programs etc etc.)  I do not claim any of these "benfits", nor do
have any of the required identification numbers. That is another
falsehood
which has been foisted on and believed by the general public...i.e.
"Everyone that works must have a Social Insurance (Social Security)
number."
  It just ain't so!

jt: It is so here... I guess one could go hide in a cave somewhere for
the rest
of their days but if you are going to live and work in the U.S.A. Income
tax being
withheld and Social Security are a given for this is the law of the land
and the
IRS are quite diligent. They caught up with a friend of mine for not
paying her
FICA (in ignorance).

bw: If you will do your own research, you will find all these things and
many
more to be the truth!

jt: I've done my research Bruce and still don't see anything voluntary
about it.
Also it makes no rational sense to me because if we receive the
advantages of
living in a somewhat safe and free environment then we need to share the
cost
of keeping it that way by building national highways, Policing them,
upkeep of
our National Parks, Coast Guard, and National Defense.  There are no free

lunches out there - someone has to pay.

Grace and Peace,
Judy