Judy  wrote:  > jt: If it's so simple why do you not explain it in a simple way?
> My Bible says that Passover was 13th thru 14th of Nisan and
> Bible notes say that Nisan could be March or April. So which of
> those two months was it in 33AD?  In 2004 my calender says
> full moon is 5th March and 6th April. Since Nisan is either of
> these months there will not be a full moon on 13th thru 14th
> of Nisan this year or am I missing something?

Blaine:  You are missiing the  facts that 1)  the moon takes an average of 30 calendar days to complete a cycle, from new moon,  to full moon, back to new moon again;  2) the Jewish month ALWAYS begins with the new moon;  3)  starting with the new moon phase as day 1, the moon will reach full phase about half-way through its cycle of thirty days; and 4)  the Passover begins on 14 Nisan--14 days after the new moon, or about half way through its cycle, which means the moon will have reached full phase (barely) at that time;  and 5) a moon phase typically last about 3 days, which means on the Jewish calendar it would be at full phase on the 14, 15 and 16 Nisan.  OK?  (It was probably still at full phase on the day of the Lord's resurrection, 16 Nisan.)