Sorry, Dave, but we don't celebrate Christmas. The next Holy day coming up is Passover....would you like to attend our family Seder?

Kay
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Dave Hansen
Sent: Tuesday, 11 January, 2005 02.34
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Mormon Related #2

DAVEH:  Though I suspect I do have many friends on TT, I failed to receive any invitations to Christmas dinner this year.....   :-)

    In years past however, there were times when the discussions centered on whether or not I would be welcome in the homes of some TTers.  I suspect there were a few TTers who thought I might be hiding a tail and horns under my hat and cloak.  Maybe they still reside on TT....I don't know.  But it matters not, Izzy.  Most TT folks are relatively kind to me nowadays.  Some probably still suspicion me to be a threat, and are acting in accordance, I suppose....but that is their problem, not mine.

    FWIW....I've always tried to be up front with my beliefs.  When folks ask, I try to respond with a cogent answer, sometimes inflicting a dose of humor with my replies.  At least Terry and perhaps a few others seemingly appreciate that.  But I'm pretty sure nobody on TT gives any credence to my beliefs or skewed view of various passages in the Bible I've quoted over the years.  I'm sure my LDS bias turns most folks off....and, I understand that.  But...I'm still curious as to how some of you folks view the passages I quote....That's why I bring them up now and then.  I just wish more of you would not be so reluctant to share your thoughts though.  As you should know, I'm not out to stab anybody in the back if you misspeak or get it wrong even by Protestant standards....I'm just curious as to what you believe and why you believe it the way you do.  Nor do I expect any of you to agree with me, but I do appreciate your respectful replies to my questions and posts.  Even if you don't consider this Mormon boy to be a Christian, I thank you for allowing me to enjoy the fellowship of TT.