The blood of Jesus was shed for the remission of sin - meaning that as we confess and turn from it (repentance without regret) the blood cleanses our conscience.. otherwise we are trying to use it as a rabbit's foot.  Jesus' blood was never supposed to be a cover for sin.  The blood of bulls and goats covered the person for another year.  The blood of Jesus frees us from sins presence, it's effects, and it's power. Big difference. jt