BLAINERB:  Pardon the interuption--the following excerpt from an apology from
Richard Mouw, a prominant evangelical minister, on January 14 in the Salt Lake
Tabernacle spells out the problem we have on TT continually--which is, that
there are several people trying to TELL Mormons what they believe, rather than
asking.  The crux of Richard Mouw's apology is as follows:

Richard Mouw: "Let me state it clearly.  We evangelicals have sinned against
you (LDS).  We have told you what you believe without making a sincere effort
first of all to ask you what you believe.  We have even on occasion demonized
you, weaving conspiracy theories about what the LDS community is 'really'
trying to accomplish in the world."
DAVE'S CONVERSATION WITH PERRY BELOW IS A CLASSIC!

PERRY:  Okay, the LDS interpret the Godhead as 3 separate gods...sorry to
mislead you!

DAVEH:  Therein is the problem, Perry.  You aren't misleading me.....you are
misleading others who believe your sources are accurate

DAVEH:   ???  Where did you get that, Perry!

And, if you are a woman, you do not get to be resurrected unless a Mormon male
to whom you have been sealed in the temple calls you forth from the grave.

Here:

  "Do the women, when they pray, remember their husbands?... Do you uphold your
husband before God as your lord? 'What!--my husband to be my lord?' I ask, Can
you get into the celestial kingdom without him? Have any of you been there? You
will remember that you never got into the celestial kingdom [during the temple
ceremony] without the aid of your husband. If you did, it was because your
husband was away, and some one had to act proxy for him. No woman will get into
the celestial kingdom, except her husband receives her, if she is worthy to
have a husband; and if not, somebody will receive her as a servant." (LDS
Apostle Erastus Snow preached the following on Sunday, Oct. 4, 1857, Journal of
Discourses, vol.5, p.291)

>From the above, "No woman will get into the celestial kingdom, except her
husband receives her, if she is worthy to have a husband". Otherwise she may be
relegated to someone's servant. Be nice to your husbands, Mormon women, or they
may not "receive" you and you will spend eternity as a slave!

DaveH, if this is wrong, correct your Apostle Erastus Snow.

DAVEH:  Apostle Snow doesn't need correcting, Perry.....but you do.  Being
resurrected and being resurrected to the celestial kingdom are two totally
different concepts.  LDS theology defines the (general) resurrection as being
the point at which the spirit is reunited with the physical body.   The
resurrected body is one that becomes inseparable and incorruptible in
immortality.   LDS theology teaches that all women (and men) will be
resurrected.

    Contrast that to what Apostle Snow is referring to when speaking about
exaltation.  He is using resurrect in the dictionary sense of raising up.
Essentially he is saying that it takes a united couple to rise (resurrect) to
the highest level of the celestial kingdom, which is where one can become like
God.  LDS theology teaches that not all women (nor men) will be resurrected to
the celestial kingdom.

    Does that clear up your misunderstanding of how the LDS perceive
resurrection?

DAVEH:   Some is blatantly false (such as women not being able to be
resurrected), while others are skewed to make it sound bad.

Tell me, then, how a woman gets resurrected to the celestial kingdom.
DAVEH:  As I understand it, neither the man nor the women need be sealed to
rise to the celestial kingdom, but they do need to be sealed to rise to the
highest level of the celestial kingdom.

Or, do they get resurrected to some lower kingdom if they were unmarried, or
their husband does not "receive" them, or if she is "not worthy to have a
husband".

DAVEH:  The answer to those questions is no.

And....Why do you call them secret, when they are available on the web?  You
have repeatedly tried to paint Mormonism with a negative brush of knowledge
you've learned from ex-Mormons and anti-LDS websites.

If it is true, and it is on a website, then why should I not repeat it here? If
it is not secret, then no big deal, right?

DAVEH:  To us/me, it is sacred.  If you wish to make light of the things I
consider sacred, then posting them on TT will denigrate my beliefs.

Where else am I to learn it? In their pagan rites LDS are bound by penalties (
http://www.lds-mormon.com/veilworker/penalty.shtml), just  like in Freemasonry,
not to discuss the pagan rites and rituals that take place in the LDS temple.
Only those who have been through those rites ("endowments", "ordnanances"), but
have come to the truth, speak openly about it.

Perry