Debbie wrote:
> I think some of us conservative-type believers on TT
> dwell on God's love for the disobedient because we've
> experienced a severe neglect of this in our own conservative
> circles. Perhaps the other conservative-type believers have
> seen a terrible neglect of teaching about how Christ changes
> us in the here and now.

I agree.  Well written post.  I wonder if Lance, John, Bill, and Jonathan
agree too.

Debbie wrote:
> P.S.: I think your post below might have been better appreciated
> by some if you hadn't seemed to imply that we could/should get
> rid of our bodies.

But this is ultimately what we all should be looking forward to, the day
when our bodies are discarded for new ones, built in the image of Christ,
according to his new resurrected glory.  Those who think that the discarding
of these weak and contemptible bodies of flesh has nothing to do with
Christianity are the ones who greatly concern me.  When they know what the
Scriptures teach about the evil nature that resides in these bodies, it is
even more disconcerting that they would want to remove not only our hope of
discarding these bodies, but also remove our confidence of victory over the
flesh while we now live.  This is not gnosticism.  This is the apostolic
doctrine of Paul, which is according to holiness.