God decides who is anti-Christian.  It is anyone who is against Christ and His true gospel.  That includes JSmith and all his devotees, however misguided. Izzy

Matt 12:30"He who is not with Me is against Me”

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Hansen
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:12 AM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: [TruthTalk] Anti-Christian

DAVEH:  Sure it does, Lance.  Do Christians ever use the term, anti-Christian?  Or, is it simply a term Perry/Kevin coined to label me with in an effort to disparage my belief in Jesus?  That I would disagree or even argue that another's Christian based theology is misguided would not make me an anti-Christian.  Even if I were right in that thinking, it would not make the other person not a Christian.  As long as his beliefs are based on Christian principles (rightly or wrongly), he would by dictionary definitions be a Christian.

    LDS folks did coin the anti-Mormon term, and subsequently defined it in effect as one who actively preaches against and denigrates LDS theology.  If Perry/Kevin want to label me anti-Christian, then the similarity does not hold as I do not actively preach against Jesus.

    From what I remember about your posts, you do not actively denigrate LDS theology.  Hence I do not consider you an anti-Mormon.  That you don't believe LDS theology does not enter into the equation.  It is your intent, as I see it.  Perry and Kevin on the other hand have demonstrated their desire to actively fight against LDS theology, hence they meet the qualification of being an anti-Mormon.  Do you see the difference....it seems to me to be the intent, as well as the actions.

    I hope I've not muddled that up as I've tried to explain it.

Lance Muir wrote:

DH:Intent does play a part.

DAVEH:  Ahhhhhhh, thanx for the explanation, Lance.  I would
respectfully disagree with you though.  If two people sincerely believe
they are Christians, in the sense of following the admonitions of Jesus
as they understand them, then neither would be an anti-Christian in my
opinion....even though one (or perhaps both) are believing/teaching
things about Jesus that may not be true.  As I see it, an anti-Christian
would be one who is defiantly teaching against Jesus, and the term would
not apply to one who is simply mistaken in his beliefs about Jesus.

Lance Muir wrote:

When you believe/teach a Jesus who is other than Who He really is then,

you

are anti-Christ. This would/could be equally true of some non-Mormon
Christians.

DAVEH:  You've lost me on this one, Lance....Will you please rephrase it
so a sleepy Mormon boy can understand the question?

Lance Muir wrote:

YOU ARE INDEED IFF what you have come to believe is, in reality, not

the

true gospel. Would you not agree?