Thanks,

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:41:55 EDT
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Hill Cumorah

In a message dated 6/13/2005 5:43:39 PM Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I don't follow along with this thread as much as I should.   Is Oliver Granger a real character or is he someone who will receive the name "Oliver Granger?"  I am not sure (emphasis on "not sure")  that you have answered Perry's question.  Perhaps you did --  and the answer is bound to the questions  I raise as I preview your response.

JD
 Doctrine and Covenants, section 117:12 JS wrote the following
"prophecy":

"And again, I say unto you, I remember my servant Oliver Granger; behold,
verily I say unto him that his name shall be had in sacred remembrance from
generation to generation, forever and ever, saith the Lord."

Blaine:  The above passage from the D&C is being quoted, and questioned  if it was ever fulfilled.  Oliver Granger was a real person, who lived in JS's time, and was apparently a faithful member of the LDS Church, and was obviously one who impressed Joseph Smith.  I simply pointed out that since his name was included in the D&C, a book read by millions, the prophecy was fulfilled.  My gggrandfather baptized over a thousand people into the LDS Church, but did not get mentioned in the D&C.  Such was the case with many early members/missionaries.  So, OG must have been somebody, otherwise his name would not have been mentioned--and held in remembrance, in a church standard works publication!!!