But, Blaine, you said "[OG] was obviously one who impressed Joseph Smith"... so who wrote D&C 117:12? JS or god? Do you think JS was putting words in gods mouth?

Perry

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Hill Cumorah
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:41:55 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/2005 5:43:39 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I don't follow along with this thread as much as I should.   Is  Oliver
Granger a real character or is he someone who will receive the name "Oliver Granger?" I am not sure (emphasis on "not sure") that you have answered Perry's
question.  Perhaps you did --  and  the answer is bound to the questions  I
raise as I preview your response.

JD

 Doctrine and Covenants, section 117:12 JS wrote the following
"prophecy":

"And again, I say  unto you, I remember my servant Oliver Granger; behold,
verily I say unto him that his name shall be had in sacred remembrance from
generation to  generation, forever and ever, saith the  Lord."

Blaine: The above passage from the D&C is being quoted, and questioned if it was ever fulfilled. Oliver Granger was a real person, who lived in JS's
time, and was apparently a faithful member of the LDS  Church, and was
obviously one who impressed Joseph Smith. I simply pointed out that since his name was included in the D&C, a book read by millions, the prophecy was fulfilled.
My gggrandfather baptized over a thousand  people into the LDS Church, but
did not get mentioned in the D&C.  Such  was the case with many early
members/missionaries. So, OG must have been somebody, otherwise his name would not
have been mentioned--and held in  remembrance, in a church standard works
publication!!!