I am especially excited about your writing opportunity and pray that God will use your pen.

Debbie

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Apologetic for the eternal sonship of Christ

Et Al

Me Thinking Out Loud

I have mentioned this before.   My wife and I have begun an effort to establish a congregation that presents message of restoration and all that this might include.  What is different now is this  -- now is the time.  Here we g-- in other words.   I had hoped for help and hav waited for a decision.  That was made and, now it is time.

I believe that God may open an important door of opportunity in the following:
The local newspaper may give me a 300 word space for free each week if I can write something that is of interest  ----------------    the next few days will be full of effort at writing four such articles  which I submit to the editor.   If he likes what he reads  -- I may have such an opportunity.  The trick will be to be fresh and "new" while being "religious'  (a problematic endeavor.)  If I cannot write with words of interest  -- this will not be an opportunity for the Lord.   So I will enlist your prayers.

ChristianLifeCounselingMinistries (my personal ministry)  will play an important and expanding role in the life of this church  --  and the ministry of reconciliation will be given practical application in the workings of those who would offer lay counsel to those who are in need of direction  (problem marriages, troubled teens,  etc).

This "mission church" for the Restorative Gospel  (if you will)  will begin as a para-church activity, meeting on Sunday evenings (at least initially).   Participants will be encouraged to remain in their church of choice, if that is to their liking AND fellowship with the home church.   The draw for them, in this situation would be that found as God works in the teaching of the message of the truine God, the consequences and resolutions concerning the problematic fall of man,  the work and ministry of Christ, in demonstration of the fullness of the invisible God,  tears down the barriers that occurred because of or at the time of the fall of man establishing a reconciliation of all things and  ushering in the divine imperative expressed in "be ye reconciled to God."

A statement of faith will be inclusive of an _expression_ of all the above.

The fellowship will be based upon a common interest and even acceptance of the Christ as revealed in the biblical record without regard to creedal concerns.   Agreement to a particular creedal concern will not be the deciding factor in continuing fellowship within this body.

Leadership will be based upon an acceptance of the Christ as a relational presence in his/her life.

Divisiveness will be defined in terms of harm done to various relationships within the group and the corporate peace of mind.   This group will take seriously Christ's concern for unity.

Constructive criticism is invited.

John Smithson