Lance wrote:
> Further, many will experience
> unimaginable frustration over their
> inability to attain to the unattainable.

Is this event evidence of a false teaching? I don't
mind sharing with you that I was once frusterated with
myself about trying to live in holiness. I would go a
week without reading my Bible, and get depressed with
how I had not served God as I knew I should. Or I
would participate in gossip, and later feel guilty
about it.

But this is not the kind of holiness my father is
exhorting you to practice. That is a form of
self-absorbed righteousness. The Lord showed me I was
trying to serve Him while keeping my eyes on myself.

If a person chooses to love God, and desires to love
and worship Him in everything they do, they will not
become frusterated in their walk, because their
conscience will be clear. They walked in love, they
are full of God's love. Their focus is on their God,
rather than on themselves. The result is that I will
not usually forget to study my Bible. If I do forget,
I try to do better, but I do not experience
frusteration over it, because I love God. My
conscience is clear. What you are talking about is a
genuine concern, Lance, but my father is not endorsing
that kind of obeidience.

Blessings!

Yahoo! Mail