> Debbie wrote:
>> Yes, there are Catholics who think this way.
>
> And there are Catholics who practice birth control, abortion, curse like a
> sailor, fornicate, commit adultery, murder for the right cause, etc. etc.
> Finding Catholics who think this way really does not say anything.

All it says is that it's possible to be a Catholic and think this way. I wasn't trying to say more. And all you are saying is that it's possible to be a Catholic and commit adultery. So? It's possible to be Pentecostal, Baptist, Presbyterian, or anything else and commit adultery. There are also people in the Catholic church who are to all intents and purposes Buddhist or New Age. I'm quite aware of that. My point all along has been to avoid generalization.

> Debbie wrote:
>> But how vocal they are about it, or whether there
>> are priests who teach it, I am not sure.
>
> Not believing in Transubstantiation is an excommunicable offense in Roman
> Catholicism.  Priests have been excommunicated for not believing it, and any
> priest who taught the way you believe would likely also be defrocked.
>
> Furthermore, anybody who does not believe in transubstantiation is not
> allowed to partake of communion.  You, Debbie, are not allowed to
> participate in the Eucharist with your so-called brothers and sisters.

so-called? Well, nobody has stopped me or them.

> Doesn't that tell you something about the grave error of this so-called
> "church"?

You are committing the identical grave error by referring to Catholics in general as "so-called" brothers and sisters.

 They do not accept you as worthy to partake in communion.

Some of them do. And if some don't, I am not worried about them, as they cannot affect my worthiness or unworthiness.