Thanks Debbie.  That’s what I was asking BT, because at one point his objection included that issue.  I’m sure he will get back to me on that. izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Debbie Sawczak
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 6:05 AM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Spiritual death

Izzy responds: So you really don't object, on the grounds of being a nonbiblical term,  if we use the term "spiritual death" Bill?

I think you are a bit confused, Izzy. It is not the term (since it has long ago been shown here that objection to a "nonbiblical term" is inherently absurd) but the idea that matters. The objection is that the idea of spiritual death is not taught in the Bible. The non-occurrence in the Bible of an _expression_ translatable as "spiritually dead", in view of the fact that the equivalents of both "spiritual" and "dead" occur quite frequently, is merely an interesting supporting incidental.

Please note, BTW, that I'm not the one making the objection or claim, I'm just pointing out the difference to you between a term and an idea. We really have to drop this whole "nonbiblical term" red herring.

Debbie