John wrote:
> ... there is not a dual reality when it comes to man.
> He is mind, body/soul, and spirit.   That is what he is.
> The three cannot be separated and survive.

Even if this were true, this does not mean that we cannot talk about what
each part contributes.  When talking about the physical body, I can talk
about different organs and tissues, whether they be the heart, the lungs,
the stomach, the brain, the muscles, the skin, etc.  Being reductionistic is
not a sin and it is not improper even if the body cannot exist without all
parts connected and functioning together.

John wrote:
> THAT is why the physical body will be raised  -----------
> because there is no life for man apart from the three and
> no eternal life apart from God.   "That which is flesh" and \
> that "which is spirit"  IS A STATE OF MIND   (Rom 8:5),

The state of mind is described as either carnal or spiritual, but this does
not mean that there is not a real flesh and a real spirit that is being
talked about.  You cannot use the context of Romans 8 to deny the reality of
the physical body or to deny the reality of the spirit.

John wrote:
> You are using a non-bliblical word (which is fine, in
> and of itself) to express an dualism that is not taught
> in scripture at all, which is not fine.

Sorry, but the dualism is taught in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation.
I don't have time to write a book for you right now showing it everywhere.
If you are interested, ask, and I will post passages as I have time.  You
can start with the formation of Adam from the dust of the ground, and what
it took to make him alive.

John wrote:
> Many argue that man is given choices in life that
> are "spiritual" and "non-spiritual."

Right.  This is the state of mind that you referenced in Romans 8.  Men can
mind things that are spiritual or mind things that are not spiritual
(carnal).

John wrote:
> ALL  choices are "spiritual"  because man cannot
> be separated from such.

Wrong, John.  Read Romans 8:5 again.  "They that are after the flesh do mind
the things of the flesh, but they that are after the spirit the things of
the spirit."  Some choices are spiritual (motivated by the spirit) and some
choices are carnal (motivated by the flesh).

John wrote:
> As far as I am concerned  (and Bill might not agree with
> this -  input please), your use of "spiritual" is fine as long
> as you do not mean to imply a dualism that embraces an
> autonomy in each of its two ontological states -- body and
> soul living together until judgment day.   We are one being,
> ontologically speaking, and nothing in scripture denies this
> or teaches other wise.

Scripture certainly does teach dualism.  Please do not be so ignorant.  Have
you not read in Revelation 6, how the souls of those who were slain were
under the altar of God, asking how long they would wait for the judgment?
These were conscious souls under the altar of God in heaven?  Where were
their bodies?  In the ground on earth.  And have you not read Luke 16, how
when Lazarus died, the angels carried him to Abraham's bosom, but the rich
man found himself in hell?  Where was the rich man's body?  Jesus says his
body was buried.  If you are going to rebuke anyone for teaching dualism,
you had better start with rebuking Jesus.