Judy wrote:
> David sins follow family trees, the characteristics of
> spirituality follow families.

This is true, but there are two types of sin sources that need to be
considered.  There also are different mechanisms by which these are
transferred to future generations.

The flesh has a sin nature which is transferred to children through
chemicals in their genes called DNA.  Spirit, however, is not transferred by
DNA.  Spirit is created by God and has nothing to do with the flesh.  This
is why identical twins who have identical genetic material share many
physical traits but are different in spirit (they have different
personalities right from birth).

Judy wrote:
> That is the sin and iniquity we are conceived in (Ps 51)

Right, this refers to the sin nature of the flesh which is transferred via
DNA to the children.

Judy wrote:
> and when ppl participate in the same sin that their ancestors
> \ did we see the movement of sin through the generations.
> This is called the old man or the carnal nature.

Ok, but the participation is something beyond just the inheritance of the
sinful nature.  The inheritance aspect does not require participation in
order to be recognized.  Participation then will involve other elements that
are not inherited, spiritual elements, which might be the same spirits that
operated in the ancestor.  Observing them and their influence in future
generations does not mean that it was inherited from the parents.

Judy wrote:
> When the first Adam died, his body went back to the dust
> and a kingdom transferred by its fallen nature to his seed.

I'm not sure what you are saying here.  Are you saying that a kingdom was
"transferred" when he died and his body went back to the dust?  If so, how
would this be viewed as inheritance?  I don't see it as such, but as a
transfer of authority in the same way that the Vice President takes over for
the President when he dies.  I think you are confusing the issues of
inheritance with familial authority.

Judy wrote:
> Generational sin is a spiritual rather than a psychological
> issue and acting it out always follows unless the child dies
> in infancy.

What foundation do you have for saying this?  Are all people subject to
"generational sin"?

Judy wrote:
> Ezekiel 18 is exhorting these ppl to repent and turn so that
> generational iniquity willl not be their ruin.  It has always been
> true that we are judged for our own transgression; Vs26,27
> explain how when the wicked turn to righteousness or the
> righteous turn to wickedness each is judged/rewarded accordingly.

The point is that the Jews were using the same verse that you do to create a
proverb that basically said the children's teeth were set on edge by the
parents.  God hated this proverb.

Ezekiel 18:1-3 (1) The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying,
(2) What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel,
saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set
on edge? (3) As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any
more to use this proverb in Israel.

Judy wrote:
> These ppl were falsely accusing God.

Yeah, they were accusing God of cursing the children because of the sins of
the parents.  They were saying that the children had no choice but to sin
because of what the parents had done.  They were using God's own Holy Word
to teach this doctrine.

Ezekiel 18:19-20
(19) Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father?
When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my
statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
(20) The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the
iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the
son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the
wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Judy wrote:
> Exactly - no problem there.  We don't have to walk in the
> iniquity of our fathers but most of us do because of ignorance.

Earlier you said that the children will walk in the iniquity of the fathers,
unless they die in infancy.  It sounds to me like you are not being
consistent, or perhaps I am not understanding you.

This is one passage that I think puts Calvinism back into proper
perspective.  Doesn't the son bear the iniquity of the father?  God says,
"the son that hath done that which is lawful and right ... he shall surely
live... the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father."