To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: 10/22/2005 9:15:33 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Re:The HEART of the matter

Yes,  I did read that post.   My point remains :   7 ft Quakers is a part of this discussion because >....................................?

cd:The 7 ft quakers statements are an issue because they reflect on the credibility of the so-called prophet J. Smith. To claim to recieve revelation from a God whom told J.Smith that there are quakers on the moon is a serious non-credibility issue on J.Smith part.It this is untrue why would anyone believe his other recieved revelations and build a church on those revelations? I am surprised that you have to ask this question.

 I would say that whatever the >reason, DH is not a co-believer in the Quaker theory.   How can anyone believe in 7 Quakers? For the same reason one might >believe that King James was the first Evangelical or that the KJV is >inspired AS A TRANSLATION or that the Law is still in full effect as an >attachment to our salvation or .....................................well , >you get the point, no?
I think Dave has been pretty clear on this point, regarding his personal belief.  I do think it to be a significant point, however, if JS actually made such a statement.  Where and when was this statement made.   Do we have a reliable reference for the quote?

My reasoning for NOT being a Mormon, is centered in the belief that under the New Covenant "system" of grace,  the whole idea of "starting over and this time, getting it right" as applied to the church is not something that God would have done.

cd: If this is your only reason for not joining the LDS church-then you lack knowledge about that church or you lack knowledge about the bible.