I think probably, John, that all humanity had to have come through Adam and Eve. This does not mean that Cain and then Abel had to have been their first children (I guess), but in order for Christ to be the go'el or Kinsmen Redeemer of mankind, there has to have been a common ancestry, i.e., a common bloodline. That is the significance of Luke taking Jesus' genealogy all the way back to Adam: Christ therefore as the Second Man was qualified to represent everyone represented by the first man.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] New Subject-A&E

So Cain and Abel were children # 1 and #2.   and when Cain killed Able  --  who was he afraid of  --  I mean,  where did those people come from?   I personally believe that Adam and Eve were not the only people created.   But that is not a  popular opinion.   If we go with the standard opin  --  Cain was afraid of his own people!!!!

jd