Poor DM.   I have not been a part of the Churches of Christ for some  32 years. My denominational background has nothing to do with my theology at this late date.   Secindly,   Aimee Semple McPherson is the founder of Four Square.  She was not responding to a negative RCC  consideration. Certainly,  I am no protestant and I have made the reasoning for this claim quite clear.  Mean versus green are the only considrations I can see for the continued use of the word and the continued need to attach me to the Churches of Christ.

jd

From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
DaveH, you have to understand that John's background is Church of Christ,

DAVEH:   I did remember that, DavidM.   Even so, as I remember, WIKI painted the CofC as Protestant as well.

    However, in a recent discussion with you, I thought I understood John to say that he currently is worshiping with a 4Sq group, which to me indicates an association with a Protestant relationship, as I think WIKI defined them.

David Miller wrote:
DaveH wrote:

If I remember correctly, you are a 4Sq
adherent, which as I understand it is a branch
of Protestantism.

John wrote:

 That denomination did not come from the
Portestant response to RCC theology.

If I am remembering correctly, the historical root to the Four Square church
is Baptist.  Aimee Semple McPherson at one time claimed to have been
ordained by the Baptists.  I think later on she was ordained by the
Assemblies of God, but later disowned those credentials.

John wrote:

I see "protestant" as clubhouse name for
those who are apostate.   That is how I
believe the term is used.   I have seen posts
from Mormon to Mormon that gives me this
opinion.

DaveH, you have to understand that John's background is Church of Christ,
which is another restoration movement with historial roots similar to
Mormonism.  Their attitude toward other "Protestants" is not unlike Mormons.

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org

If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed.  If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.

--
 Dave Hansen