To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org;TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: 1/5/2006 9:52:26 PM
Subject: Re: FW: Re: [TruthTalk] Cross

From: "Dean Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent: 1/5/2006 10:13:21 AM

Do Catholics think of these statues as "idols.?"   Are they not expressions of their faith in God and His Christ?   None of the idols of the Message were attached to the Living God.   The compaison, Dean, that you make is not a biblical one.

jd
 cd: John this message was in my drafts folder-so I sent it today not intending to rehash old augments by preaching the old gospel in modern times but to enlighten as the old gospel has never changed. I disagree as if is very biblical. It doesn't matter what the catholics"think of these statues"
Not true.   I have a picture of "Jesus " in our family Bible.  Is that an "idol?"   Of course not.  And why  -- because I say so !!!   I decide if an idol is a god or not.    That is precisely what is wrong with an idal.  I am the one who decides it to be "a god."   Catholics use statues as "objects lessons" as they function and communicate with God.  The RCC is a Christian Church  --  with a lot of problems, admittedly.    They are wonderfull people and full of faith.

cd: John an Idol is something one prays to or worships that is forbidden. To pray to the Jesus in your family bible is not forbidden. Paul,in Romans 1:18-25, teaches that idolatry is not the first stage of religion,from which man by an evolutionary process emerges to monotheism, but is the result of deliberate religious apostasy (ie. The Compact Bible Dictionary). I do realize that there are Christian with much faith within the RCC but these people will be known by their resistance to sin that is taught in the RCC such as Idolatry. How do you define Idolatry John? If you are the one whom decides what Idol is or is not-what do you do with God's definition of what an idol is?

 what matters is what God said.-  the act of bowing down and praying to someone other that God/ Christ- is idolatry. Exod.20: 4

Good quote. When was the last time you saw a Catholic bow down to a false God?   You really do not know what you are talking about, here.

cd: John I do know of which I am speaking-I have heard CC members pray to Mary-and have spoken to students on College campus who "pray to the saints". My response to them is how do you know that these saints even went to heaven? Could you be praying to someone who dwells in Hell? I then show those students the 2nd commandment with the instruction to worship God only-thru Christ. I then compare Mary to John the Baptist-whom was greatest among men and nowhere in the Bible are we told to pray to John the Baptist. Respectfully, you have much to learn of the RCC and the Bible.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing in heaven or that is in the earth beneath,... thou shall not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them; for I the Lord am a jealous God. St John didn't  know he was doing wrong by bowing to a angel but was also corrected- Rev 19:10
 1 Cor 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of god? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor Idolaters....shall inherit the kingdom of God.
As concerning the faith of the catholics-Arn't we told to test faith by works

There are few on  this site who  believes in testing the sprits.   Everythime I ask DM for some kind of evidence, some kind of verification for his claim to be an apostle and a prophet  -  I get silence.

cd: I perceive that your request to D.Millers is viewed as wanting a "sign" from David-The Jews also wanted a "sign" from Christ to support His Claims-they were given none as we do not walk by signs but by faith. He did mention to some that the only sign given would be the sign of Jonah who died for three day and came to life. If these Jews failed to see the miracles Christ performed what other proof could Jesus give them? Try asking David to tell of his prophecies so that his light will shine and God can be given glory. I too would like to hear them to give God glory-What do you say David? Satan also asked Jesus For a sign to prove he was the son of God and he also was not given that sign.

-and every man was judged by their works Rev:20;13? Or a tree by it's fruit?Therefore I will use God measuring rod to decide truth.Thes Catholics also removed the 2nd commandment of Idolatry and divided the 10th commandment (coveting)into two commandments-making ten commandments-back to our same old question of why would they remove they words in the first place?

I don't believe there is idolatry in the Catholic church  --  certainly not of the kind God in scripture references.

jd
cd: Try telling that to the next Jew you meet and see what answer he gives you?