On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 07:49:22 -0500 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Language/Terminology: Which words shall we use then? If we utilize only words employed in the Bible then, shall we restrict ourselves to the languages in which they were originally written? If we do this then which mss shall we draw from?

Just how many versions of the same Word to you have access to Lance?

You said 'seems to me that JESUS BEING GOD/MAN IS THE ISSUE' I agree. IFO believe that WHO JESUS IS is THE HEART OF THE GOSPEL. He is NOT the spirit brother of Lucifer (Mormonism). He is NOT Michael the archangel (JW). He is NOT an avatar (Hinduism). He is NOT simply a prophet, one among many (Islam). He is NOT simply a good teacher who left us a good example of how to live (?).

No he was never any of the above ...

IMO, we on TT will not come to a UNIFORM UNDERSTANDING of WHO JESUS IS! Why we will not interests me greatly.
I should like to hear from anyone on this matter.

Because the ONLY way will will ever come to a "uniform understanding" that has anything to do with God and His ways is to submit ourselves to His Own Word rather than the words of everyone else out there who wants to help us along by attempting to explain him.

Why do you say "beginnings" Lance
I don't see "trinitarian understanding" anywhere in the Word of God - I use the word Godhead which means
the same thing and have been saying all along that understanding must come through God's Word by God's
Spirit so I am not really saying anything different here - Seems to me that Jesus being God/Man is the issue
at hand; so what exactly does this mean to you?  (in Canadianese)