Only a similitude or likeness even "in every way" is not the exact same thing JD.

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:12:30 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
If you had responded by saying that the man Jesus did not have a human mind, or a human spirit, or a human soul, then I would have had to disagree; for then he would not have been like us in every way (cf. Heb 2.17).

Like us is "similitude" Bill - it does not mean exactly the "same as"  Every human being born by procreation into this fallen world
is also fallen.  There is none righteous and none that does good .... EXCEPT ONE.

Judy argues "like us" in total disregard of the additional phrase  "IN EVERY WAY"

From: Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:16:00 -0700 "Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I was just wanting to better understand what you were wanting me to agree with in your statement: we agree if you view the Human part to also have divine thoughts. Having read your response I am comfortable that we can agree. The word "preoccupied" has a ring to it with which I am not completely satisfied, but I believe the man Jesus was preoccupied with doing the will of his heavenly Father; hence his thought-life was fully intuned to the divine.

If you had responded by saying that the man Jesus did not have a human mind, or a human spirit, or a human soul, then I would have had to disagree; for then he would not have been like us in every way (cf. Heb 2.17).

Like us is "similitude" Bill - it does not mean exactly the "same as"  Every human being born by procreation into this fallen world
is also fallen.  There is none righteous and none that does good .... EXCEPT ONE.

And, while I understood what you were saying, I also hesitate to speak of the person of Christ in terms of "parts": if he is fully human and fully divine, then he is not partly one and partly the other. Anyway, I knew what you meant and could thus look through it.

Thanks,

Bill