Dave, you wrote so much that I almost hate offering you such a short answer,
but that really is all that is necessary here.

What you fail to understand is that your post that escalated the problems
was a joke hinged upon two TruthTalk members who were not married to each
other, but had their own spouses, and you intimated that one of them had
sexual knowledge of the other one.  This broke the ad hominem rule because
you implied sin on the part of two members of the list.  Your comment was
provoked by another TruthTalk member asking you a personal question, and she
also crossed that line.  The difference is that she apologized and dropped
the subject whereas you refused to drop it, even bringing private
conversation to the list.  Then when I talked to you about it, BEFORE you
were removed from the list, you told me that you were wrong and deserved to
be removed from the list.  Now you are trying to make out like there is some
kind of double standard.  I'm sorry, but I don't see it, at least in regards
to the reasons for removing you from the list.

Speech against Mormonism or Protestant Christianity or Roman Catholicism is
allowed.  What is not allowed is speech which attacks individual members in
a personal and emotional way.  If people attacked you personally, then we
would have some problem.  If they are attacking your beliefs or religious
practices, that is fine.

Now in regards to free speech, I do not think it should be illegal for the
KKK to march down the streets of a Black community.  If the Black community
attacks them for doing this, they are in the wrong.  The Blacks who attacked
should be rounded up and prosecuted if this were to happen.  Otherwise, we
send the message that the unlawful and unruly have the right to prevent free
speech.

That being said, I do think there can be restrictions upon free speech in
residential neighborhoods in regards to volume and certain kinds of
provocative behavior.  I also think there are ethical considerations that
those who engage in free speech should consider.  I personally do not go
into residential neighborhoods to preach a loud message because I think that
begins to infringe upon the privacy rights of individuals.  This is not at
all the same as preaching on a plaza in a downtown area where community
buildings are located.  As long as the message being proclaimed outside
these buildings does not hinder the business or activities being conducted
inside the buildings, we should recognize the right for people to express
dissent or opinion.  This is a traditional public forum.

Lastly, let me reiterate again, that TruthTalk is not a church.  If it were,
then those who refused to repent of sin would be removed from the list.  We
also would not ask questions of those who disagreed with Bible doctrine.  We
would engage more in reproving, rebuking, and exhorting with patient
teaching in sound doctrine.