cd wrote:2. The power which celestial bodies are supposed to exert on terrestrial; as the influence of the planets on the birth and fortunes of men; an exploded doctrine of astrology.

Blainerb:  The heavens do not compel or even influence, they symbolize--they are the handwriting of God, showing us his glory and his wisdom.  Some ancient people actually worshipped planets, stars, constellations, as if they were gods--but the truly wise, such as the wise men who followed the star to find the Messiah and worship him, will find the heavens all testify of the truths of Christ--as do all things.  Your wisdom, cd, is from what you perceive as being popular and widely accepted.  The truth is seldom that.
Blainerb