To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org;TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Cc: Dave
Sent: 3/12/2006 12:57:24 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Is a Mormon a Christian?

DH  -- it's time we stop meeting this way.  You over there with your dialogue with Kevin and me with whoever will listen.   two old farts fighting nappy time  !!

How long have you known Deegan and Moore and how much closer to convertin are you now  --  after hearing them "preach" for low these many years?

jd
cd: Careful John- Was Christ's  giving the wrong mesasage in not converting Judas who as in his mists for three years- We see many Mormon conversion in SLC. Satan has also been around the gospel for an awful long time-and can also quote scripture.What was your Point again?

From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Do you see Jesus & Paul using your Dictionary definition of Christian?

DAVEH:  Some time ago, it was me (LDS in general) being accused by TTers of changing definitions to suit our (LDS) needs.  Now it seems you want to do the same thing, Kevin.  If you don't want to use the conventional dictionary definition of Christian, then it seems prudent to give us (TTers) your own definition....please.

Kevin Deegan wrote:
Do you see Jesus & Paul using your Dictionary definition of Christian?

Under this definition then, a decieved one who follows ANTI Christ is truly a Christian!

1) He truly Believes he is worshipping Jesus  Christ
2) He truly believes the one he is following was sent by God
3) He follows his teachings and example

But in reality he is a hell bound sinner.
Help me contextualize, this apparent contradiction

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Judy wrote:
> What reason would anyone on TT have
> to assume that a lifelong Mormon is also
> a Christian?

Following is how my dictionary defines a Christian:

Chris·tian
noun (plural Chris·tians)
1. believer in Jesus Christ as savior: somebody who believes that Jesus Christ was sent to the world by God to save humanity, and who tries to follow his teachings and example

If we accept the secular definition of believer as somebody who believes in the teachings of a particular religious faith, then from my perspective , Mormonism falls into this category of Christian. This does not mean that they have the right belief system, or that any of them will be saved. It simply places them in the Christian category, as a religious sect that is centered on the idea that Jesus Christ is the Savior sent by God to save  humanity. There are false sects within Christianity, and I think the Mor mon  sects are among them.

 Dave Hansen
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://www.langlitz.com
 If you wish to receive