Perhaps my twentieth request.  It is not what I think you beleive but what you actually believe that is the question.   If I tell you what I think you believe, you will just make fun of me and hurt my feelings and stuff .

Does Kevin beleive in the kind of mission activity demonstrated by Joanna and deemed necessary by Paul as he ministered to a  carnal but saved bunch of disciples?

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ELEVENTH REQUEST
Please post a short summary of the position you want me to hold.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Sounds like a bear with his foot in a trap !!

It is so easy to set the record straight.  You are all over people or activiity such as the one shared by Lance and his friend,  Joanna Williams,  and yet,  you now seem to want others to believe that I have misrepresented you.   Not my intention at all.   What would you do differently than Paul and why?  Or, would you rather moan for a while?   Get back to me on that , will you?

Have I not quoted enough of your position on this?  Give the word  -- there is more.

dj

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I see you as standing outside the door of the church rebuking
Wake UP!
It's just a NIGHMARE!
Or a personal problem...
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Your theology is herein included, Kevin.   Now  --  Back to I Cor 3:1ff.  It appears (based on what is written) that we have a church full of carnal and immature people.   It is my beleif that if this were a circumstance in which Joanna Williams could help  --  she just might be doing her best to mentor these folk toward freedom in Christ and maturity in the Spirit.   And that is exactly what Paul is trying to do with the writing of this Corinthian letter.

I see you as standing outside the door of the church, rebuking them to the hell they so richly deserve  (don't we all) and doing precious little to actually help these brethren..   They are alive in Christ, yet carnal  --  a circumstance that could work harm in their lives.  This is a church with problems  (more than likely a Missionary Baptist church.)  Again, these disciples are alive in Christ,  Christians if you will, but carnal  yet in their walk with God.   Actually,  Paul deals with this weak fellowship of saints for several years, does he not --  perhaps three letters or more and a visit or two.    He never recommended they be cut off from the larger church.
So how does Kevin deal with this Apostolic example?     Mock those who think to do what Paul was doing  -- or   ?????????   I am curious.   Can you answer this?  telll us how the reality that is pictured in I Cor 3:1ff works in your thegology?

jd

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
No surprise here from the "community" of salve your own conscience crowd.
God's ways? It my way or the highway!

SIN #1
The sin is in doing it our way in direct disobedience to God's commands.

SIN #2
What help was offered has the Fornicator Repented?
The attempt was about as useful as the same attempt to help in a Emergency room. More damage than help.

This guy is headed for trouble where was the help?
Comfort for Fornicators? That is a great help!
whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
To imagine that there are those who think it a sin as one attempts to help those who cry for help demonstrates just how confused we can get in our individual theologies.

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Community" Conscience is an EXCUSE for lack of Personal responsibility & holiness.
Therefore it's overwhelming popularity!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Much of the effort we see in the posts from friends of Lance is illustrative of the Charles Sheldon's In His Steps.    WWJD came from this book.   It pictures the tension that is too exist between the corporate body  (the church) and the individual.    Our assemblage is designed to offer encouragement as we consider love and good works.  To imagine that there are those who think it a sin as one attempts to help those who cry for help demonstrates just how confused we can get in our individual theologies.

jd

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
it is also not our place to point out people's sins.
Whatever happened to when you see a brother overtaken in...?
Amazing ignorance of the Bible ignorance of holiness
But then it does say some are willfuly ignorant

 I hope that a seed may have been planted and will take root eventually and bear fruit.
This tapioca pussyfooting will never reawaken conciousness of sin

 But I am not naiive enough to think that I will see or be involved in that entire process.

O No you have done your part you are a sin enabler. You want to be so inclusive while God says to be exclusive put them apart. You have touched the dead thing so much now you have the leaven on you and can not see it.
But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.