On 05 Jul 11:55, Cédric Krier wrote:
> On 05 Jul 09:23, Dr. Axel Braun wrote:
> > Bottom-line: current solution increases complexity without adding real
> > benefit. Ideally this would be configurable (e.g. different material
> > type for configurable materials) and have just 'material' for the
> > standard, instead of template/variant.
>
> So please before spreading FUD on the solution which is configurable and
> working well, test it.

Indeed the current design is a quite well balanced between the simple
needs and the more complex needs.
And about the cost/prices etc., it is a matter of «configuration» to
move down the fields to the variant level. The code is design to support
that as you can see here:

    http://hg.tryton.org/modules/stock/file/0f6d3b754d7c/move.py#l546

http://hg.tryton.org/modules/account_stock_continental/file/cba1300f048b/product.py#l271
    http://hg.tryton.org/modules/production/file/3eea8c2eb0c7/production.py#l294
    http://hg.tryton.org/modules/production/file/3eea8c2eb0c7/production.py#l426

But I agree it is a little bit complex to remove the required from the
template but it is not unsolvable.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com