>> On Jul 5, 2014, at 7:30 AM, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 05 Jul 14:38, Axel Braun wrote:
>> Believe me, we did, and came around exactly that problem.
>
> You always seem to not know at all Tryton.

For sure that's me, I'm trying to learn fast!  ;-)

Thanks everyone for your opinions. If I understand correctly, it seems the
variation functionality applies best in cases of "simple" differences that do
not affect price (selling S/M/L t-shirt example) or do not trigger other
changes (counter-example of car requiring larger generator for climate control
variation).

If this model does not fit the situation, one can always a) use multiple
products and ignore the variation functionality, or b) customize code as needed
for the specific situation. That seems fair.