On 2018-04-05 09:54, John wrote:
> If I run "pip install python-gtk" I get:
>
>   InsecurePlatformWarning
>   Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement python-gtk (from
> versions: )
> No matching distribution found for python-gtk
>
> If I instead run "sudo pip isntall python-gtk" I get:
>
> Downloading/unpacking python-gtk
>   Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement python-gtk
> Cleaning up...
> No distributions at all found for python-gtk
>
> Either way installation fails.

pygtk can not be installed via the setuptools of Python.
You can try to compile it in your virtualenv but it is going to be a
challenging task.

The best is to not use virtualenv for the client and to use the system
packages for pygtk (and the few other dependencies of tryton).
Or if your distribution has Tryton package, it will even be simpler.

PS: Do not hesitate to report issue with sao.
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com