On Thursday, 5 April 2018 18:30:07 UTC+1, Cédric Krier  wrote:
> On 2018-04-05 09:54, John wrote:
> > If I run "pip install python-gtk" I get:
> >
> >   InsecurePlatformWarning
> >   Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement python-gtk (from
> > versions: )
> > No matching distribution found for python-gtk
> >
> > If I instead run "sudo pip isntall python-gtk" I get:
> >
> > Downloading/unpacking python-gtk
> >   Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement python-gtk
> > Cleaning up...
> > No distributions at all found for python-gtk
> >
> > Either way installation fails.
>
> pygtk can not be installed via the setuptools of Python.
> You can try to compile it in your virtualenv but it is going to be a
> challenging task.
>
> The best is to not use virtualenv for the client and to use the system
> packages for pygtk (and the few other dependencies of tryton).
> Or if your distribution has Tryton package, it will even be simpler.
>

> PS: Do not hesitate to report issue with sao.
> --
> Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
> Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com
> Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
> Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

This helped quite a bit, and I was able to again run the client outside the
virtual environment; however, the version of that was 3.0.2 which was unable to
connect to the tryton server running from the virtual env (version 4.6.2).

I upgraded the client version to the lastest one (4.6.5); however, I think that
got me back to the issues I was having before using a virtual env. Now, when I
try to run the tryton client I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/tryton", line 66, in <module>
    tryton.client.TrytonClient().run()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'client'