On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Christophe de Vienne
<cdevie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in knowing the "few things", could you explain the
> reasons for this decision ?

To some degree, yes. Parts are lost to memory, despite it being only a
couple weeks. Among them:

* I have tried two different browsers, and neither of them is able to
create a new Milestone for the next version.
* When going to sourceforge.net and doing a search for turbogears,
turbogears2 would *not* come up unless you turned off the "recently
updated" tag. This was a matter of days after the 2.2.0 release, and
TG1 was always able to be found.
* I'm seriously pondering switching jenkins to our own server. We're
not able to get emailed build failures due to anti-spam issues (the
sender line can't be changed without possibly breaking something else
on the machine, and I'm not willing to take that risk). Github offers
a CI service that we could begin using quickly, and even have our CI
scripts checked in and version controlled.
* A perception that Github is more active than SF (in general), and
therefore would be easier to bring people on board. Less friction
(since they're already using it) would mean it is hopefully easier for
people to submit patches.
* The layout of the projects on SF make it difficult to bring
everything together in one place. I'd like to see tgtools (tgext.crud,
tgext.admin, etc) all available at one location, so that we could tell
people to look in one place for everything TurboGears (as opposed to
the noticeable spread that we have).
* Better management of projects on Github. On Github, it feels easier
to allow people to control different aspects of the project as a
whole.
* Easier (and more complete) API access, allowing me to write some
tools to help make the release process *much* easier. I've looked at
the SF side, and it is much harder over there, trust me.

That's all that I can remember. Nothing huge, no one specific tipping
point, just a group of small items that eventually point to the need
to leave SF for something else.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My Online Resume: http://www.icelus.org/ -- Google+ http://plus.ly/pedersen