One of the reasons I started this thread was to try to get a common
understanding about what everyone expects is required to become a Tuscany
committer. Its hard to publicly say you think someone isn't ready yet, even
on the private list, so a common understanding would mean nominations would
more likely get unanimous approval. If a nomination is being discussed on
the private list how do we know when its ok to call a public vote on the dev
list? Are just a few positive responses enough? Are lots of positive
least positive responses from all the committers active in that area? I
think maybe the latter of those for now while there's still not so many of
us, but what do others think?

  ...ant

On 7/6/06, Jeremy Boynes < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jul 5, 2006, at 4:42 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I guess I can understand how to get credits for the "committer"
> status.
>
> As a contributor, I would like to see a well-defined measurable
> path which I can see how I make progresses toward the goal. It
> leads two questions:
>
> 1) How many points do we need to gain to become a committer?
> 2) How do we measure the contributions? Is it just an impression or
> sense from existing committers or do we run some statistics once a
> while?

It's about trust so hard-facts don't tell all the story - it really
is about what the existing committers think.
--
Jeremy